By Deborah Taylor-French
No more hiding behind the words
Meet the Bloggers Blog Hop
I am an active member of Redwood Writers, the largest branch of the California Writers Club. We are “writers helping writers.” I facilitate our club’s Author Support Group, which meets at 1:00 PM each Sunday before our monthly meeting at the Flamingo Hotel in Santa Rosa, California.
I began this blog three years ago to save dogs lives and help dog lovers. So far, a couple of great senior dogs and at least one rabbit named Yoshi have gotten forever homes.
Writers helping writers!
Below, see me reading at Redwood Writers Anthology launch this summer 2013. I am reading my short fiction piece in Beyond Boundaries by Redwood Writers (Author), John P. Abbott, Editor.
The stories, poems, essays and memoirs anthologized in Beyond Boundaries take their inspiration from
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book?
- So many beloved books come to mind like “Notes From Underground” by Fyodor Dostoevsky, “Alias Grace” by Margaret Atwood and “William Wilberforce” by William Hague.
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?
- Stranger than Fiction
- What’s your favorite non-animal related food? Blueberry Waffles
- Who’s your favorite actor? Diane Keaton
- What’s one thing you have to do every day? Go outside into the garden
- What makes you feel fabulous? Writing new fiction
- What do you wish you were more skilled at? See above
- What’s your favorite holiday? Hanukkah
- Favorite meal? A huge bowl of Vietnamese rice noodle soup
- What do you like to do in your free time? Write new stories
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you?If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you? ENTHUSIASTIC!!!
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of? Raising our only child
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? I would be turning out a new book each year.
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy? Walking on the beach with a friend, riding a ferry across the bay, and hearing a shelterless pet got a forever home. Plus playing with our pets, that makes four.
- What’s one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself? Stretch everyday
- What drives you nuts about your pets? When Sydney falls into a barking fit to greet people
- What melts your heart? All homeless pets
- If you didn’t have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have? I would love to have a mid-sized, calm and rabbit friendly dog who loves to play fetch.
Now you, the reader, can hop around from blog to blog learning as much as or as little as you want about your favorite bloggers.