Back a little while ago as I found myself crazed with family and health changes, I received a fun surprise. Sydney flipped out. “Four paws up!” he yipped.
Dog Leader Mysteries blog got gifted its first award.
The Liebster Award “Liebster is a German word that means favorite.”
The Dante Diaries gave it to me. This mighty sweet, white five-pound Malti-Poo writes about her life and her travels. You can find this little love of a dog on Twitter at @DanteDiaries or look on Facebook for The Dante Diaries. The Liebster Award brings attention to worthy, lesser-known blogs.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top five picks (with less than 200 readers) and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favorite up-and-coming bloggers and keep it going.
Today, it’s my turn to share the love.
I have no way of knowing how many followers some of the blogs have but I do know all I read are worthy of thousands of readers.
Five Animal Blogs I Dig
1. Iowa Dog Trust offers programs designed to teach both young people and families all aspects of responsible dog ownership. They aim to supply dog owners with all of the information needed for daily life with a dog.
“With community involvement we also hope to provide assistance across the state to those owners who, for one reason or another, are no longer able to afford the level of care or training that their dogs need. We believe that the loss of a job, displacement or illness should not affect the lives of our best friends.”
2. Bark Around Town Blogs about dogs and the dog community in Rochester, NY
The goal of BarkAroundTown.com is to provide news, events, and information designed to educate and unite the Rochester, NY dog community, shed light on local dog issues, and highlight animals looking for homes as well as area rescue groups.
They want to share local dog adoption stories with pet photos.
3. Central Ohio Dog Blog
Dedicated to raising awareness about responsible dog ownership and issues facing the canine contingent of the central Ohio community. Edited by Columbus-residing dog lover and rescue volunteer, Susan.
Guest authorship is welcome and encouraged, as are rescues wishing to have events or adoptables posted.
4. Alone to Home Created by Kate Antoniades Communications and Social Media Coordinator at Lollypop Farm, Humane Society of Greater Rochester, From Alone to Home celebrates and encourages adoption from shelters and rescue groups by featuring stories of adopted pets. If you want to adopt a pet, Kate lists links to great resources. Also she invites you to share your pets’ adoption stories and photos.
Click here to fetch Sydney’s Adoption Story
5. Robin of Rockridge’s Blog
Robin Cleary Moore grew up on horseback and writes from the seat of her saddle.She says, “I write books that develop kids’ love of reading and horses.”
Be sure and fetch Robin’s post Trail Ride At Jack London Park. This State of California Park is set near the delightful and historic town of Glen Ellen. This park is slated for closure by the state. Robin serves as the newsletter editor of Redwood Writers Club, which is collecting donations to donate to a local nonprofit offering to keep the park and visitor center open.
Please let me know when you check out these blogs.