Listening to your story
Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth. ― Rumi
What an idea! Are you living your own story?
How do you know if you are?
How to tell if you are living your own story quiz
- Do you wake up glad to be alive?
- Do you ask yourself what you want to do for fun?
- Do you plan fun things to do each week?
- Do you make time to talk with friends and family?
- Do you smile at people?
- Do you listen to others stories and enjoy them?
- Do you often remember good dreams?
- If other’s boss or control you, do you stand up for what you want?
- Is what others think of you more important, most of the time?
- Can you be lazy and enjoy your dog for most of a day (without feeling guilty)?
Add up each “yes” answer for 10 points each
- Make time to do regular exercise? Add 10 points
- If you have a score of at least 70% or above, you are living your own story.
- If you have a lower score, how about adding more kindness, exercise and fun to your life?
Share your story at NPR.org Story Corps
What stories do do others tell about you? Are you listening? Do those stories fit? Is it time to tell a new story?
Go give StoryCorps a try. I hear that the app is free and helps make interviewing a family member or friend easy. Do you want to know more about someone in your family?
A few of my life stories, odd & true